I’m way overdue for a kitchen reveal but things just keep getting in the way. Today that thing is that some dudes are tearing apart our bathroom! We decided to finally do it and our construction guys were available (nope, not DIYing this). And then we realized we needed to finish the bathroom before a family party in early February, so the last week has been a mad rush of ordering supplies and clearing out the bath and laundry rooms.
Goodbye pink bathroom. You were darling yet gross, and you’ll be gone by the time I get home today. They’re supposed to finish in under three weeks so I’m sure I’ll post progress pictures soon.
Remember this spot?
I finally got around to laser cutting the panels for above the front doorway. There’s something about the front of this house that just never looked like the front and I wanted to fix that. Click here to see the progression til now.
The panel didn’t come out exactly like I pictured it, but I like it. I mean, I’ve definitely seen weirder and more awkward original millwork on California victorians, and it adds some much-needed flair. I may still add an applique to the center to give it more dimension.
There were limited material options available for laser cutting, none of them really ideal. I chose plywood despite it being less than ideal. But I had already made the house numbers from MDF (reputed to turn to oatmeal in the rain) and they seem to be doing fine with only moderate protection.
I got some serious oil-based primer and gave it three sloppy coats, plus house paint. It should last a few years anyway. Here’s another before and after:
But now it REALLY needs a gable or something nice for that vent.